If your tooth is damaged, our dentist may recommend a dental crown. Crowns are custom-made to provide you with a beautiful and long-lasting solution for your smile. We invite you to call About Dental Care today at 435-652-9105 to learn more about the benefits of dental crowns in St. George, Utah, and to set up your consultation with Dr. Bryce Alldredge.
Crowns, also known as caps, are a custom restoration that fit over the visible portion of your tooth to restore its appearance, shape and function. Dr. Alldredge may recommend a crown for any number of reasons, including:
- To protect and restore a tooth following a root canal treatment
- Anchoring and attaching a dental bridge
- Covering a dental implant post to finish replacing a tooth
- Improving the appearance of a misshapen tooth
- Strengthening a tooth that is weak or fractured
- Supporting a large filling when little original tooth structure remains
- Improving the overall appearance of the tooth to enhance your smile
Dental crowns are always custom-designed to fit your tooth and your smile perfectly. They may be made from a variety of materials, including gold, but porcelain crowns are the most popular as they match the natural color of teeth.
Crowns typically require two appointments to complete. During the first appointment, your tooth will be prepared to receive the crown, and an impression will be taken. The impression will be used to create the final crown. A temporary crown may be placed to protect the tooth between the two appointments. At your second appointment, we will place the crown and check to ensure that it fits properly. The crown will then be bonded into place to complete your treatment.
If you have any questions about dental crowns or if you want to schedule an appointment with Dr. Alldredge, please contact our office today.